Plastic injection mold making
We offer you
PLASTIC INJECTION MOLDING PROCESS:
The mold tool is the key component in the injection molding of plastic:
- Guide Pins – fixed to one half of the mold and align the two halves by entering the holes in the other half.
- Runner – passageways in the mold connecting the cavities to the sprue bush.
- Gate – Frequently the runner narrows as it enters the mold cavity. This is called a gate and produces a weak point enabling the molding to be easily broken or cut from the runner.
- Sprue Bush – Tapered hole in the centre of the mold into which the molten plastic is first injected.
- Locating Ring – Positions the mold on the fixed platen so that the injection nozzle lines up with the sprue bush.
- Mold Cavity – The space in the mold shaped to produce the finished component(s).
- Ejector Pins – These pins push the molding and sprue/runner out of the mold.
- The Shot – Total amount of plastic injected into mold.
- Sprue – Material which sets in the sprue bush.